MS Ignite is the major technology conference in New Zealand and it started in its own style yesterday with the Keynote. Initially I was surprised to see a whole list of speakers for the Keynote but it really made sense in the way they presented it. There are some key topics that was covered as part of the Keynote
- Chris Auld, talking about Hololens and it was cool to have a look at it and pre-orders are available for NZ now.
- Jordanna Murray, on Surface Hub with 84'' and 55'' screen sizes. The highlight is its multi touch capability and that will take collaboration to the next level.
- Hannah Gray, from Xero walked us through Power BI and how simple it is to create interactive dashboards and use them
- Hannes Nel, who celebrated his birthday yesterday gave us a demo on Universal Windows Platform
- Donovan Brown, talked to us about Cross Platform Mobile Development using Xamarin and I have used Xamarin personally from MonoTouch days but Xamarin Test Cloud was really good.
- Regan Murphy, demonstrated the use of Azure Dev/Test Labs, a solution of sorting out DEV and TEST environments for organisations
- Thiago Almedia, showed us a cool demo on Bots using Microsoft Bot Framework using Skype.
- Nigel Parker, gave us a demo on Cognitive Services and it how it can recognize vision, text, speech, face, language etc. Clearly can see the future...
- Vishesh Oberoi, also gave us a demo on the Bot Framework
- Jennifer Marsman, gave us an example on Machine Learning
- Charlotte Walshe, talked to us about Internet of Things (IoT)
- Angie Judge, on Big Data and Analytics and showing us how Dexibit provide Data Driven Insights to museums
- Dona Sarkar, she really inspired the audience through her Keynote speech.
I attended 3 sessions yesterday.
What's new in Data Platform - SQL Server and Microsoft Azure - Really got a lot of information from this session. There was one diagram in the presentation which clearly outlined about the different products under SQL Sever on-premises and Azure. This session also lightly touched on Bots and Cognitive Services.
Managing Complex Implementations in the era of the Digital Transformation (DT) - Really good presentation which more or less explained on what things to be taken into account when you are working on DT projects. Also highlighted the fact that planning in DT projects must be a team activity and also how Architect are centric for DT projects.
Using Azure API Management, Logic Apps and Functions to speed up Integration projects - Good overview and demo on using Azure API management and how to use Logic Apps to orchestrate Services together and of course tips and tricks we need to consider.
So really a great day yesterday and looking forward for Day 2 - full of technical sessions. Thanks to all the sponsors of MS Ignite NZ 2016.