Key things about SSAS connector and Power BI Preview
- Only SQL Server Analysis Services Tabular models are supported for Power BI Preview
- The connector has to continue running and the computer where it is installed has to remain on.
- When you use the SSAS connector, your data remains on-premises. The reports you create based on that data are saved in the cloud.
- Q&A natural language querying is not currently available for SSAS on-premises tabular data. Only cloud-based datasets are supported for Q&A.
Pre-requisites SSAS connector and Power BI Preview
- NET Framework 4.5.1 or later must be installed on the computer.
- Installing the Power BI Analysis Services Connector and the Data Management Gateway on the same computer is not supported. If you already have the Data Management Gateway installed, uninstall it before installing the Power BI Analysis Services Connector, or install the Connector on different computer.
- The Analysis Services server is domain joined.
- The Analysis Services connector & Analysis Services server are installed on computers in the same domain.
- If you use a .onmicrosoft.com email address, you'll need to sync your Active Directory to Azure Active Directory using Azure Active Directory Sync (DirSync).
Technorati Tags: Power BI Preview,SSAS