SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) 2016 is an on-premises solution for deploying and managing reports.
SSRS 2016 supports
- Paginated Reports - Design beautiful reports using updated tools and new features built on HTML5 technology.
- Mobile Reports - Create responsive, interactive reports optimised for mobile devices.
- New Web Portal - Consume both type of reports in one web portal using modern browsers.
- Modern chart and gauge styles
- Treemap and Sunburst charts
- Updated Report Builder look and feel
- Visual Studio 2015 support
- Plugin free printing
Customisable Parameter Layouts
- Position Parameters across more than 2 columns
- Choose position for each parameter
- Create space between groups of parameter
Pin Report Items to PowerBI Dashboards
- Monitor most important metrics and trends in one place using KPIs
- Pin charts, gauges, maps and images as tiles to Power BI Dashboards
- Drill through to source reports
- Refresh tiles on a schedule
Create Interactive Mobile Reports
- Drag-and-drop to create beautiful, interactive data visualisations
- Prototype in minutes with simulated data
- Access enterprise data sources by connecting to Reporting Services
- Customize layouts for different form factors
Consuming Mobile Reports
- One mobile app for Power BI and Reporting Services Mobile Reports
- Native mobile experience optimised for touch
- Keep data up-to-date with real-time query or scheduled data refresh
- Interact with mobile reports even when disconnected