When it comes to working with highly-related data, a Graph DBMS can be thousands of times faster than traditional DBMS.
Neo4j is a highly scalable, native graph database purpose-built to leverage not only data but also its relationships.
Neo4j Graph Database follows the Property Graph Model to store and manages its data.
Property Graph Model rules
- Represents data in Nodes, Relationships and Properties
- Both Nodes and Relationships contains properties
- Relationships connects nodes
- Properties are key-value pairs
- Nodes are represented using circle and Relationships are represented using arrow keys.
- Relationships have directions: Unidirectional and Bidirectional.
- Each Relationship contains "Start Node" or "From Node" and "To Node" or "End Node"
- It is very easy to represent connected data.
- It is very easy and faster to retrieve/traversal/navigation of more Connected data.
- It represents semi-structured data very easily.
- Neo4j CQL query language commands are in humane readable format and very easy to learn.
- It uses simple and powerful data model.
- It does NOT require complex Joins to retrieve connected/related data as it is very easy to retrieve it's adjacent node or relationship details without Joins or Indexes.
Technorati Tags: Graph Database,Neo4j,Connections
Post a Comment